Minggu, 13 Desember 2015

Hello... This Is My Journal

Well, I had been doing lot of thinking, whether to make a blog or not. I was confused what kind of blog I would create, what it is about etc. But then, out of nowhere, I was urged to create this blog. A journey... well, my journey, an Indonesian Chinese Man. 

My name is Ming Tjhie, I was born in Indonesia - Jakarta to be precise on February 24th. I was born in a not so-called middle class and also not so-called lower class. I mean, I always think my family as a one great family. 

We had everything for life, nothing more nothing less. We are all in good life. 
About Ming Tjhie

As you can tell from my name, Tjhie is actually my father's Chinese Name. Yes, we have the same family name as one of the richest man in Indonesia, who really love entrepreneurship. But no, we are not related except the name part. 

I don't know him except for his achievement and his big business on realty. That's all. I never met him in person, shake his hand or even dine with him. :D So, don't expect me to be a rich man like him and his family. 

Ming is my name, my Chinese name. You can call me Ming. 

Ming in Chinese handwriting consist of two character, the moon and the star. My mother said that my name means BRIGHT. As bright as the moon and the star in the night. Quite heavy right? I am one of those people who believed in name is something we need to guard. 

Well, I hope I really do become the bright on my family. 

I was born with one big brother and one big sister - the eldest. Yes, I am the youngest in my family, but that doesn't mean I am spoiled little brat. How can I be one if my mother worked and only came home once a month since I was 8? 

Yes, I grew in a family where a mother worked for the whole family. It was not because my father has passed away. No. But he didn't have a job - a good one - at that time to support the family. Was it painful for me seeing and experiencing that kind of thing? 

No, coz I know, every family has its own dirty little secret. 

My Journey

My journey, that's what came on my mind when I was thinking to do blogging. I read some of my friends' blog and I was really excited to make one. But what should I write? Hmmm... 

So, this is the journey of my life - An Indonesian Chinese Man. I mention Indonesian Chinese here, not to bring up the race issue, but only to show, this is who I am. I am Indonesian born Chinese. And I am happy and proud to be that one. 

4 komentar:

  1. Hello! I came here through the link in englishfriday blog. Good start, keep blogging!
    I just wonder if you ever heard about of Wicked the Musical? Hahaha I just wonder.. because I read two phrases ("spoiled little brat" and " every family has its own secret"), which quickly reminded me of Wicked. .I'm a fan of it and can remember most of the lines including those two lines.

    BalasHapus
  2. Hi Miss Vita. Thank you so much for stopping by and commented here. I knew you from EnglishFriday also. Hehehe.
    I bet there are many errors on my post. Hehehe.
    Well, actually I am not a fan if wicked or I believe I never seen it before.

    BalasHapus
  3. Hallo Ming. Or Tjhie? Or how should i call you? By all means, i already know who you are. But, let's keep the mystery alive, shall we :) and by the way, looking forward to reading more posts from you!

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. hmmmm. really? You know who I am??? OMG....

      Hapus